Knee pain is a common problem with increasing age, usually, knee pain is due to arthritis or arthritis disease. Arthritis occurs when inflammation in the joints of the body or the cartilage (soft bone) in the joints breaks down. Joints in the body are places where two or more bones meet, such as the hip or knee. Cartilage is like a cushion in joints that protects them from pressure and facilitates movement. When cartilage breaks down in a joint, your bones rub against each other, causing pain, swelling, and cramping, and this is what causes knee pain.
What is knee pain? (What is Knee Pain?)
The most common type of arthritis is arthritis of the bone. In this type of arthritis, due to prolonged use or aging of the person, the joints wear out due to injury to the joint, this type of arthritis disease also occurs. Bone arthritis most often occurs in the knees, hips, and hands. Joint pain and swelling start. From
Causes of Knee Pain
When the Vata and Kapha doshas are at their peak, there is a pain in the knees and joints. There are signs of other diseases of knee pain-
– joint pain
– arthritis of the knee
Worn cartilage (cartilage) (meniscus tear)
Worn ligament (ACL tear)
– tremors or sprains
– Pelvic inflammatory disease
Symptoms of Knee Pain
You can identify the problem of the knee or joint pain problems with these symptoms:
-Pain when walking, standing, moving, and even at rest.
-Swelling and crepitus
– Locking of joints while walking
Stiffness of the joints, especially in the morning or it may last all day.
-Vesting and Facilitation
– Stiffness in the body.
– Pain in knees and joints..
In a 2009 studyTrusted Source, researchers found that practicing tai chi is especially beneficial for people with osteoarthritis (OA). Guidelines from the American College of Rheumatology and Arthritis FoundationTrusted Source recommend it as a treatment option for OA.
How to Prevent Knee Pain
To avoid having pain in the knees it is necessary to pay attention to these things-
- Take tea and light and digestible food at night.
- Do not forget to consume gram, ladyfinger,, potato, cucumber, radish, curd, kidney beans, etc. at night.
- Stop curd, rice, dry fruit, lentils, and spinach. Protein is very high in them.
- Consuming milk or lentils while sleeping at night is harmful. Due to this excessive amount of uric acid starts accumulating in the body. Avoid peeling pulses completely.
- If you are fond of eating non-veg, then stop the consumption of meat, egg, and fish immediately. Uric acid increases rapidly by eating it.
- Do not eat bakery food such as pastries, cakes, pancakes, cream biscuits, etc. Foods rich in trans fats increase the amount of uric acid.
- The rules of drinking water must also be followed. Do not drink water while eating food. Water should be drunk one and a half hours before or after meals.
- To avoid the problem of uric acid, do not eat soy milk, junk food, spicy foods, cold drinks, or fried things.
Junk food is also closely related to back pain. Most junk foods do not provide enough nutrition to the body. Due to this, the muscles get tired quickly. On the other hand, forms of whole grains, protein-rich yogurt and vegetables have a positive effect on muscles.
Smoking limits the amount of oxygen. Due to this, the oxygen requirement of the muscles is not met. Also, nicotine disrupts blood flow to the discs of the spinal cord. In addition to back pain, smoking can also cause fatigue and lung disease. If you are suffering from the problem of back pain, then leave this habit for some time.
After drinking alcohol at night, if you have a problem of back pain the next morning, then the reason for this may be alcohol. Dehydration can make the pain worse. Adequate fluids help prevent dehydration. In severe back pain, it is best to consume alcohol in moderation.
– Joints should be protected from injury- If there is an injury to the joint, it can also break the bone, so try to keep the joint from injury, whenever playing any sport in which there is a fear of injury to the joints Then wear joint safety pads on the body. If there is a pain in the knees due to some serious injury, then get the treatment of the knees done and take joint pain medicine as per the doctor’s advice.
– Must be mobile – Always be mobile for relief from joint pain. If the movement of the joints continues, then you will not suffer any kind of pain for a long time. Even sitting in the same position for a long time causes stiffness in the joints.
Weight should be controlled– If your weight remains under control then your body and all the joints of the body will also be healthy. Excess body weight puts more pressure on the knees and waist and there is a fear of breaking your body’s cartilage. Now in such a situation, it is very important for you to keep your weight under control.
Do not stretch too much- If you do regular exercise, you are advised to do stretching along with exercise, then always keep this thing in mind that stretching should be done only three times a week while exercising. Stretching should not start right away, instead of doing this, do a little warm-up first.
Drink milk- Calcium and vitamin D are found in abundance in milk, which is very important to keep the joints strong, so milk must be drunk every day. Due to which bones become strong, if you do not like milk, then eat foods made from milk, such as cheese, curd, etc.
Maintain the right posture- It is very important to get up, sit and walk in the right posture or posture to get relief from joint pain. Your correct posture protects all the joints of the body from neck to knees.
Exercise- To get rid of joint pain and take proper care of your health, you should make exercise a part of your daily routine. Swimming is the most beneficial exercise for joint pain.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain
If there is pain in the knees, do not immediately take the medicine for joint pain but first fix it with home remedies. If the pain is not cured by home remedies, then go ahead and get treatment. Let’s first find out about the easiest home remedies to get relief from knee pain:
Turmeric and Caustic Lime Paste Reduces Knee Pain
Turmeric and lime prove to be more beneficial in relieving pain. Mix turmeric and heat it in mustard oil for some time, then keep that paste on the knee, it reduces knee pain
Turmeric Milk Beneficial in Knee Pain
Mixing a spoonful of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drinking it at least twice in the morning and evening provides relief in knee pain) . This is one of the most effective home remedies for joint pain.
Natural Treatment for Knee Pain
The best source of vitamin D is sunlight, which gives you natural vitamin D which is more beneficial for bones. Therefore, arthritis patients should regularly walk in the sun for some time in the morning.
Mustard Oil Massage Beneficial in Knee Pain
Mustard oil is very beneficial in physical pain, knee pain, and cold pain. Knee pain goes away quickly after massaging the knees with mustard oil regularly
Clove Reduces Knee Pain
Clove is very beneficial in tooth and gum pain, knee pain and swelling, etc. Putting clove powder or cotton wool soaked in clove oil on the painful area is very effective.
Get relief from knee pain by massaging or compressing (Massage Benefits for Knee Pain)
There are many benefits of massage with herbal oil in Ayurveda, it lubricates the joints, relieves stiffness, and provides relief in pain and swelling. For this, put 250 grams of mustard oil in a pan and keep it on the gas for heating. Put 8-10 cloves of garlic in it. Add one teaspoon of each of carom seeds , fenugreek, dry ginger powder in hot oil. When all the masala is cooked, take it down when it is cooked. When it cools down, put it in a glass vial. In winter, massage the knees with this oil in the warm sun in the early morning or massage the joints in any joint.
I am Ankit Sharma Nutrition Consultant. My approach is holistic and customized to enable you to achieve true wellness – physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am from India but have clients across the globe. I can work with you to say goodbye to counting calories and short-term solutions. You will achieve long-term sustainable change in the way that they are eating, moving, living, and believing.