Coronavirus has created panic all over the world at this time. But it is also true that corona is not the last virus, many more deadly viruses will come in the future. It is important that you increase your immunity and make yourself strong from the inside so that you do not fall ill easily.
Are all the children and elders scared of the coronavirus? Experts and doctors say that whose body’s immune system is strong, can cope with it well. By the way, the immune system does not become strong in a day or two or a week or two. For this, you have to take care of some important things related to your diet and lifestyle regularly. But it is also true that corona is not the last virus, many more deadly viruses will come in the future. It is important that you increase your immunity and make yourself strong from the inside so that you do not fall ill easily.
Immunity of these people is weak
– The immune system of the patient with kidney, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. is weak. Therefore they need to be taken care of more. Since nowadays the disease of sugar is quite common and people are also careless about it. Therefore, they must pay attention to their immunity.
The elderly (their immune system has started to weaken) and children (their immune system is not fully developed) above 60 years of age are more prone to disease due to weak immune systems. Parents need to pay attention to children’s matters.
Coronavirus attacks those with weak immunity quickly, making your immunity strong with these foods
You can consume the below foods to improve the immunity
Garlic makes the immune system strong by making a lot of antioxidants and gives strength to fight diseases. It contains an element called allicin which enables the body to fight infections and bacteria.
An element called folate is found in spinach, which along with making new cells in the body, also works to repair the DNA present in the cells. Fiber, iron, and vitamin C keep the body healthy in every way.
Mushroom helps in activating white blood cells. It contains a mineral called selenium, an antioxidant element, vitamin-B, riboflavin, and niacin.
Avoid drinking by taking out the cold bottle directly from the fridge. Pitcher water in summer and lukewarm water in winter are better options. By drinking too much cold water, the mucus present inside the throat becomes rough. This allows bacteria or viruses to enter the body and cause infection. Therefore it is important to take care.
Strong Immunity: Coronavirus attacks those with weak immunity quickly, making your immunity strong with these foods
Making changes in lifestyle
- Brisk walking or any aerobic exercise should be done daily for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Gargle with lukewarm water at night while sleeping. The virus or bacteria reaches the throat through the nose and mouth even after being outside all day. He will end up with gargles.
- Make yoga a part of your daily routine. Doing Anulom-Vilom and Surya Namaskar for 15 to 30 minutes every day is beneficial.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. No matter how busy your life is, don’t compromise on sleep. It has been observed that people who do not get enough sleep are more ill.
- Keep the weight under control. Being overweight has a bad effect on all the systems of the body, which makes the immune system weak.
- Smoking and drinking addiction harm the body in many ways.
You can also make kadaas
Take 2 glasses of water in a deep pan and put it on the stove for boiling. Add grated ginger and other ingredients to it. Leave the concoction to boil for 7 to 10 minutes till the water turns dark. Strain the drink in a cup and serve it hot. Remember the number of ingredients mentioned above is for preparing two small cups of kadhai. Add more ingredients to prepare a large quantity.
Spices like black pepper, carom seeds, cloves, star anise and cardamom have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds that can help in soothing sore throat, cold and cough. Several studies have proven that including spices in the diet can help to improve your health in more than one way. It can also strengthen your immunity and fight free radicals, which damage your cells and can lead to disease.
I am Ankit Sharma Nutrition Consultant. My approach is holistic and customized to enable you to achieve true wellness – physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am from India but have clients across the globe. I can work with you to say goodbye to counting calories and short-term solutions. You will achieve long-term sustainable change in the way that they are eating, moving, living, and believing.