Water is a substance without which not a single creature on Earth can live for a long time. And you can’t live without it either. Even a small lack of water can lead to health problems. And you need to drink water not thoughtlessly but correctly.
It should also be noted that water is mostly absorbed by the intestines – at the end of the digestive path. This means that it is the first glass of water that is the alarm clock for your body. And if you drink water with food, then the liquid will linger along with food, which needs to go through many digestion processes.
And tap water won’t work. It is optimal if you at least boil it, filter it and cool it, but it is best to drink artesian or spring water. The latter liquid options are more beneficial for your health – they do not have a high content of chlorine, but they have the minerals you need.
Is it good to drink hot or warm water on an empty stomach in the morning?
Water quality is the first issue. The second is the water temperature. Many, perhaps even you, neglect this question, believing nothing will happen if you drink cold or warm water. But for the body, the issue of temperature is important.
As already mentioned, the body absorbs water in the intestines. But cold water (and even more so with ice) will take longer to reach the intestines. She will linger in the stomach to warm up. And the process of warming requires energy and time. So it turns out that such a liquid will take away your strength and will not wake up the body for a long time.
As for hot water, the body will not like it either (or rather, in the stomach). Hot water can burn not only the mouth area but the stomach itself. Also, hot water irritates the gastric mucosa, which disrupts its motility.
Benefits of warm water
In addition to the fact that warm water wakes up your body, a morning glass of warm water brings many more benefits:
- Warm water helps bowel movements.
All the toxins accumulated during the night, “sticking” to the walls of the intestines, are washed with water and improve the subsequent meal. Water is the best laxative that will not harm and facilitate the process of cleansing the body.
If you are prone to “stagnation” in the intestines, then drinking a glass or two of warm water regularly on an empty stomach will make your problem milder. Water drunk before a meal dissolves hardened fats and prevents the development of putrefactive processes in the intestines, which can cause unpleasant symptoms;
- 200-400 milliliters of clean drinking water in the morning can help you quickly get rid of extra pounds and improve metabolism.
A glass of water increases the body temperature, thereby speeding up metabolism by 30%. In the morning, the body will begin to burn a lot of calories. In addition, drinking a warm liquid can “deceive” the stomach, giving the feeling that you have eaten the usual portion, although you can eat less;
- Warm water relaxes muscles and reduces pain caused by spasm. For many, warm water in the morning will help get rid of menstrual pain;
- Slightly warmed water, as already mentioned, washes the intestines and flushes out toxins from its surface.
This helps the intestines and your skin, with which the intestines are very tightly connected. Regular drinking of warm liquid in the morning will help get rid of acne, acne, and other inflammations on the skin. It will become more hydrated, fresh, healthy and elastic;
- In addition to a laxative effect, water stimulates the urinary system.
In diseases of these organs, doctors recommend drinking more fluids to stimulate the organs’ work and get rid of harmful bacteria more quickly. For colds, it is recommended to drink water for the same reason – pathogens will leave faster;
- Your nervous system also does not remain without the beneficial effect of morning portions of warm water.
Purification and increased blood circulation have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, the mood becomes better, and its drops occur less frequently;
- In addition to the beneficial effect specifically on organs and systems, warm water, drunk on an empty stomach, has a beneficial effect on the entire body as a whole – you will feel more cheerful.
Healthy drinking rules
To make warm water even more beneficial, follow certain rules:
- Water temperature. The ideal temperature for the water is 40-42˚С. If unsure, use a kitchen thermometer;
- Water quality. The liquid must be clean, filtered, and boiled. And best of all – spring, heated at home to the desired temperature;
- On an empty stomach. The described benefit to the body will bring only water, drunk on an empty stomach, before the first meal of the day;
- Mode. Morning drinks will bring many benefits. But it is also better to drink warm water during the day. It is most suitable for the body and is mastered better;
- Don’t drink your food. Drink a glass or two before meals. Drinking water with food will not do you any good.
A glass of warm water on an empty stomach in the morning improves blood circulation, and cleanses the skin and stomach of toxins and microbes. Drinking liquid in the morning is good for adults, children, and the elderly. It is especially important to adhere to the “water” diet for those who have low hemoglobin, headaches, or pressure is low or high. Women suffering from severe menstrual pain also benefit from drinking as much warm water as possible half an hour before meals.
Taking a glass of warm water on an empty stomach in the morning is important. Fluid is good for the body. It removes toxins, and improves the functioning of the brain, blood vessels, liver and stomach. Warm water in the morning resumes the work of the digestive tract, and relieves migraines. Reduces the risk of blood clots. You can and should drink water. The main thing is to remember the advice and recommendations of nutritionists.
I am Ankit Sharma Nutrition Consultant. My approach is holistic and customized to enable you to achieve true wellness – physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am from India but have clients across the globe. I can work with you to say goodbye to counting calories and short-term solutions. You will achieve long-term sustainable change in the way that they are eating, moving, living, and believing.