How to Increase Count of Sperm. One of the main reasons for male infertility and difficulty conceiving children is inadequate sperm production, either because the quality is not adequate or because the quantity is insufficient for the sperm to reach the egg and fertilize it.
The WHO establishes the normal concentration of sperm at 20 million per ml of semen and considers a count below 12 million to be low. The condition, medically known as oligozoospermia, can be caused by a wide range of factors and conditions. Among these causes, we find hormonal diseases, but there are also certain lifestyle and eating habits that have an influence. That is why at OneHOWTO we want to give you a series of tips so that you can make the most of your physical abilities by knowing how to produce more sperm through diet and good lifestyle habits.
Foods to have more sperm
Controlling your weight is very important, being overweight or being below your ideal weight can lead to hormonal imbalances that cause you to have little sperm. Having too little testosterone or too much estrogen are conditions that are linked to your diet. In addition, there are a number of foods that help you produce more sperm and that we will explain below:
- Refrain from eating processed products: Diets high in fat and processed products are not only a risk factor for being overweight, but also negatively influence sperm production. In the following article, we explain how to have a balanced diet.
- Foods with zinc: zinc is a mineral that is related to sperm count, that is why if you want to have more sperm you should eat foods that contain this element. Some of them are oysters, nuts, or beans.
- Garlic: Allicin is a compound present in garlic that increases blood flow to the genitals, drastically increasing sperm production. One important thing to know is that garlic loses much of its allicin when you boil or cook it, so it’s best eaten raw.
- Foods that produce sperm – In addition to those mentioned, there are a number of foods that also help you to have more sperm. Some of them are goji berries, pumpkin seeds, ginseng, bananas, and asparagus.
Supplements and pills to produce more sperm
Consuming amino acids and other dietary supplements can help you produce more sperm. Although it is true that you can obtain them through food, in the market, you can find pills and supplements whose concentration is higher and can have a better effect. Here we explain what amino acids and vitamins you can take, either in pill form or in their natural version:
One studyTrusted Source showed that taking 1,000 mg of vitamin C every day can help men’s sperm concentration and mobility.
Another Research Source noted less successful rates of pregnancy among couples where men had low levels of vitamin D
- L-carnitine ; also present in milk and red meat.
- L-arginine ; you can find it in nuts and eggs.
- L-lysine ; of great presence in dairy products.
- folic acid ; also known as vitamin B9 increases semen production. It is in cereals, legumes and green leafy vegetables.
- Calcium and vitamin D; In addition to eating some of these 7 foods with more calcium than milk and sunbathing to synthesize vitamin D, there are supplements of these two products.
Tips to Produce More Sperm for Pregnancy
Beyond feeding, there are aspects that are just as important that you must take into account to produce more sperm. Here we give you a series of tips so that you know how to ejaculate more sperm by changing some small details of your lifestyle:
- Stop smoking: smoking, along with the consumption of some drugs, is one of the lifestyle habits that most affects your sperm count, so if you want to increase it, you should stop immediately.
- Wear baggy briefs – Have you ever wondered why men have their testicles hanging out of the body? The reason is that to survive, the sperm must be at a lower temperature than the rest of the body. Wearing underpants or pants that are too tight and that crush them towards your body is harmful, as it increases your temperature and makes you produce less sperm.
- Do not ride a bike: riding a bike produces pressure and bumps in the testicles which, added to the pressure and increase in temperature in the area, causes the production of sperm to be very low.
- Do not bathe in a jacuzzi: or at least do not do it with hot water. The reason is the same as we have mentioned above, the heat in the testicles kills the sperm.
- Avoid stress: stress is one of our worst allies, not only for sperm production but for your health in general. So if you want to increase your ejaculation you should try to relieve anxiety and nervousness. For more help, in the following OneHOWTO article, we explain how to reduce stress naturally .
- Sleep 8 hours: during sleep, our body makes a large part of the production, whether hormonal or sperm, so it is essential that you sleep at least 8 hours to increase your count.
Increase the amount of sperm ejaculated with water
The amount of semen you ejaculate during an orgasm is directly related to the volume of fluids you have in your body. Most of the semen is water, this liquid is what gives it its consistency so that it can travel to the egg, so if your body is not sufficiently hydrated it will not produce the necessary amount.
You must bear in mind that the human body needs between 2 and 3 liters of water per day, more if you practice sports or it is hot, so do not forget to always have a glass of water on hand to hydrate yourself throughout the day.
On the other hand, you must refrain from drinking alcohol. Alcoholic beverages, apart from the damage they cause, dehydrate the body, which can negatively affect your sperm count.
I am Ankit Sharma Nutrition Consultant. My approach is holistic and customized to enable you to achieve true wellness – physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am from India but have clients across the globe. I can work with you to say goodbye to counting calories and short-term solutions. You will achieve long-term sustainable change in the way that they are eating, moving, living, and believing.