Kegel Workout to Improve Sexual Wellness
Enhancing sexual health and pleasure through fitness can be an intimate and rewarding experience for individuals and couples. Kegel exercises are a series of movements designed to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which are important contributors to sexual function.. This guide dives into specific Kegel techniques and their benefits for sexual wellness so you can incorporate them into your fitness routine for improvements in your intimate life.
Understanding Kegel Exercises
Kegel exercises were named after Dr. Arnold Kegel and targeted the pelvic floor muscles. There are various techniques, but three essential ones are Reverse Kegels, Kegel Squeezes, and Quick Flicks.
Below, you’ll find explanations for each:
These involve relaxing the pelvic floor muscles, which increases blood flow and eases tension. This can be beneficial for individuals who experience pelvic pain due to the over-tightening of these muscles.
These are slow contractions of the pelvic muscles followed by a relaxed state. They’re aimed at building strength and endurance and can enhance control during sex.
This exercise involves quickly contracting and releasing the pelvic floor muscles. Quick Flicks can improve muscle reflexes that contribute to orgasmic responses.
Benefits of Kegel Exercises for Sexual Wellness
- Better Control: Strengthened pelvic floor muscles can lead to enhanced sensations and pleasure for both partners during sex.
- Quality Orgasms: With a more robust pelvic floor, orgasms can become more intense and longer-lasting.
- Increased Satisfaction: Greater sexual control can boost confidence, leading to more fulfilling sexual experiences.
- Prevention of Dysfunction: These exercises can play a role in preventing issues like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
- Overall Sexual Health: A vital pelvic region is crucial for sustaining sexual health and function.
Performing Kegel Exercises
- Find a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down.
- Relax the muscles of your pelvic floor—as if you’re trying to urinate faster or passing gas.
- Hold this relaxed state for five seconds.
- Repeat for 10 to 15 reps twice a day.
- Sit or lie down and identify your pelvic floor muscles (the ones you use to stop urinating).
- Tighten these muscles and hold for a count of eight to ten seconds.
- Relax for an equal amount of time before repeating.
- Aim for three sets of 10 reps each day.
- In the same position, rapidly contract and relax the pelvic floor muscles.
- Do this for 10 to 20 reps, ensuring that you fully relax between contractions.
- Perform this exercise two to three times a day.
Kegel exercises should be performed consistently and incorporated into daily routines for optimum results.
Tips for Success
- Breathe naturally and avoid holding your breath while performing Kegel exercises.
- Patience is Key: It may take time to observe improvements in sexual wellness.
- Professional Guidance: If you need more clarification on proper technique, consult a healthcare professional.
Kegel exercises have other benefits beyond sexual well-being wellbeing, including improved overall health and well-being. They can improve not just your romantic life with your partner but also your health and quality of life. While the effects of these exercises vary from person to person, their importance in a holistic approach to sexual health is widely proven. Be consistent and patient, and see how these basic workouts boost your sexual confidence and happiness.
I am Ankit Sharma Nutrition Consultant. My approach is holistic and customized to enable you to achieve true wellness – physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am from India but have clients across the globe. I can work with you to say goodbye to counting calories and short-term solutions. You will achieve long-term sustainable change in the way that they are eating, moving, living, and believing.